Before you start your career as a ground logistics manager, you will first have to create your profile. You will choose your avatar, your name, your preferred truck, and your company logo. You will then choose your difficulty level (The higher, the more realistic).
Before you start your multi-million dollar logistics company, you will first have to complete quick jobs for other people. You will have to earn at least 100 thousand dollars before buying your first truck.
As the player completes jobs and levels up, they will unlock Skills. skills can be used to upgrade fuel efficiency and long distance cargoes as well as unlocking hazardous, fragile and important deliveries.
A feature that has been unique in ATS is that truckers have to choose where to unload the cargo they are hauling when they reach the destination depot. This function has been introduced later to ETS2, too. A "desired spot" (which gives out more XP but harder to park) and a "safe spot" (easier to park but less XP) are usually available at every depot. Alternatively, the trucker can skip parking with the price of forfeiting all parking XPs.
States and Cities Edit
Although American Truck Simulator only features California, Nevada and Arizona at this time, all states are immense in detail and design and feature large cities for you to explore. It takes at least 1 hour real time to travel from one end of Nevada to the coast of California, meaning this will be a very large game once it is finished. The newest DLC, New Mexico, was released on Nov. 9, 2017.
Arizona: Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson
California: Bakersfield, Fresno, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego
Nevada: Elko, Las Vegas, Reno
New Mexico: Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Roswell, Santa Fe
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Trucks
Although there are only four trucks and two companies at this time, more is expected to come. Volvo VNL and International trucks are expected to arrive soon, but lack proper licensing from the manufacturers.
- Main article: Downloadable Content#American Truck Simulator DLC
American Truck Simulator - Arizona
- This adds the state of Arizona to the game. This is included free with the game.
American Truck Simulator - Nevada
- This adds the state of Nevada to the game. This is included free with the game.
American Truck Simulator - New Mexico
- This adds the state of New Mexico to the game. The DLC costs €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Kenworth W900
- This adds the Kenworth W900 truck to the game. This is included free with the game.
American Truck Simulator - Peterbilt 389
- This adds the Peterbilt 389 truck to the game. This is included free with the game.
American Truck Simulator - Wheel Tuning Pack
- This allows you to customize nuts, disc's, hubs, and hub covers.
American Truck Simulator - Oregon
- This adds the state of Oregon to the game. The DLC is not released yet.
American Truck Simulator - Special Transport
- This adds is new trailer heavy the allows follow rules from no longer Gas Station and Sleep parkings in games. The DLC is not released yet.
- The scale of the ATS map is 1:20 at the moment, but at the release it only was 1:35 (now 1.75x larger). This was changed in version 1.5.