In Euro Truck Simulator, players must choose their "starting country". Once chosen, they can only access countries belonging to the same group as their choice (there's only one truck dealer in each group of countries). If players wish to expand their access to other countries, they must pay a fee (Ranging from €30,000 to €52,000), and they can only expand to countries connected to those they already have access.
Another difference between countries is that the fuel price varies between countries.
The country restriction is removed in Euro Truck Simulator 2, but the fuel price difference remains, and is in fact amplified.
List of Featured European Countries Edit
|Country||Capital||Game||No. of Cities|
|Czech Republic||Prague||ETS 1||1|
|ETS 2||2 + 1 (Going East)|
|Denmark||Copenhagen||ETS 2 Scandinavia||7|
|ETS 2||8 + 14 (Vive la France !) + 1 (port)|
|Hungary||Budapest||ETS 2 Going East||4|
|ETS 2||3 + 2 (ports)|
|Norway||Oslo||ETS 2 Scandinavia||4|
|ETS 2||3 + 8 (Going East)|
|Slovakia||Bratislava||ETS 2||1 + 2 (Going East)|
|Sweden||Stockholm||ETS 2 Scandinavia||15|
|Switzerland||Bern (de facto)||ETS 1||1|
|United Kingdom||London||ETS 1||3|
|ETS 2||18 + 2 (ports) + 1 (port Vive la France !)|
Fuel Prices Edit
- Main article: Gas Station
Fuel prices are generally between €1 – €1.8 per litre. The fuel prices in Euro Truck Simulator are lower then those in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Small countries sell fuel in lower prices while economically prosperous countries usually charge higher prices for fuel.
- During development of Euro Truck Simulator 2, Spain and Portugal, as well as western France, were put away in favour of Luxembourg and Slovakia.
- Also in Euro Truck Simulator 2, Bologna, Ancona, Genoa, and Rome in Italy are originally on the list of featured cities, but omitted in the finished game due to time constraints. By implementing mods, a player could find a good amount of Italian roads had been included.
- Some have claimed that Liechtenstein, a micro-country between Switzerland and Austria, is present in Euro Truck Simulator 2, in the form of an Austrian town next to the Swiss border.
- Liechtenstein does not have direct connection to either the Swiss A1 Autobahn or the Austrian A14 Autobahn. The Austrian town in the game may instead be Lustenau, which is also next to the Swiss border.
- From that very border crossing, a minor road is found to the south, and a small loop in the middle of it. It could be Liechtenstein's capital Vaduz, but further research is required.
See Also Edit
- States, the similar territory type in American Truck Simulator, but with all of them being in the same country (i.e. the United States)
|The Countries of Euro Truck Simulator|
|Euro Truck Simulator||Austria - Belgium - Czech Republic - France - Germany - Italy - Netherlands - Poland - Portugal - Spain - Switzerland - United Kingdom|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2||Austria - Belgium - Czech Republic - France - Germany - Italy - Luxembourg - Netherlands - Poland - Slovakia - Switzerland - United Kingdom|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East!||Czech Republic - Hungary - Slovakia - Poland|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia||Denmark - Norway - Sweden|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France!||France|