Esbjerg is a port city in Denmark, introduced to Euro Truck Simulator 2 through the Scandinavia map expansion. The port allows truckers to travel between the United Kingdom and Scandinavia directly, without the need to drive through central Europe.
The companies having depots in Esbjerg include:
- A Polaris Lines goods yard next to the ferry terminal
- Container Port facilities on the other side of the ferry terminal entrance
- A marina next to the Container Port
- A Vitas Power depot southeast of the city
- An Aria farm immediately to the north of the city proper
- An Agro Nord farm along the minor road north of the city
- A Konstnorr wind farm building site further north than the Agro Nord farm.
If counting the last two depots, Esbjerg effectively spans along a large portion of Danish west coast in-game.
The Euroroute E20 starts from the port of Esbjerg and goes east near Odense and København before entering Sweden and serving Malmö, Helsingborg, Göteborg, Örebro, Södertälje and Stockholm. Although some roads in the United Kingdom are also designated with the number, the two sections are not directly connected (not even by ferries) in real-life, and only Scandinavian countries exclusively number this Euroroute. (See E20 for further details)