A new gameplay system is introduced in Euro Truck Simulator 2. The player is required to create a profile and choose a city as their headquarters. Early in the game, the player must complete quick jobs to save up money and credit to afford a truck of their own. As the player completes more jobs, the player earns skill points to invest in one of the six skills available; for example, allowing them to haul more valuable freight, or allowing them to take longer deliveries. Later in the game, players may also purchase additional trucks, garages, and hire NPC drivers to expand their trucking business.
Countries and Cities Edit
- Main article: Category:Locations
The game includes many countries featured in previous titles aside from Spain and Portugal. The map and simulated European roadway are more detailed than in previous games, and features more cities. New countries, such as Luxembourg and Slovakia are introduced.
The maps of the United Kingdom and Germany are derived from UK Truck Simulator and German Truck Simulator, respectively. These areas notably lack the quality of regions featured in more recent DLC's, such as the Italia DLC and the Scandinavia DLC. On May 23, 2018, SCS announced on their blog plans to rework parts of the old map, starting with northern Germany.
Base Game Edit
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Main article: Trucks
There are seven truck brands available in the game:
- Main article: DLC
There are numerous DLCs available for this game. Most of them are paint job packs, but five are map expansions, including new companies, new cargo and new cities. Others contain truck accessories and additional customizing options.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East! (2013) expanded Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as introducing Hungary (east).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia (2015) introduced Denmark, Sweden and Norway into the game (north). Truck Parts orders are also available with Scandinavia DLC (Scania and Volvo).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! (2016) expansion of France (southwest).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia (2017) expansion of Italy (south).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Beyond the Baltic Sea (2018) introduced all Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), southern part of Finland and small parts of Russia including the iconic city of Saint Petersburg (northeast).
See also Edit
- List of Cities in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Wikipedia page for Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Official Site for the game
|SCS Software Trucking Games|
|Truck Simulator series||Euro Truck Simulator - German Truck Simulator - UK Truck Simulator - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - American Truck Simulator|
|18 Wheels of Steel series||Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America - Pedal to the Metal - Convoy - Haulin' - American Long Haul - Extreme Trucker - Extreme Trucker 2|
|Other games||Trucks & Trailers - Scania Truck Driving Simulator|