A new gameplay system is introduced in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
At first, the player is required to create a profile and choose a city as their "headquarters". At first, the player does not have enough money to own a truck, therefore they have to complete quick jobs to save up enough money or enough skill to be able to take out a sufficiently sized loan.
As the player finishes jobs, the player's profile skill level also increases. When this happens, the player may invest a skill point to one of the six skills available, allowing them to haul more valuable freight, and for longer distances.
Countries and Cities Edit
- Main article: Category:Locations
The game includes most of the countries featured in the previous title, but Spain, Portugal, as well as cities in central and southern Italy, were removed from the recent game of SCS. The map, on the other hand, became more detailed, more cities than Euro Truck Simulator are included, and a few new countries, such as Luxembourg and Slovakia, were introduced as well.
- Main article: Trucks
There are seven truck brands available in the game:
- Main article: DLC
There are numerous DLCs available for this game. Most of them are paint job packs, but three of them are map expansions, including new companies, new cargo and new cities. Other of them are truck accessories and customizing.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East (2013) expanded Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as introducing Hungary.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia (2015) introduced Denmark, Sweden and Norway into the game. Truck Parts orders are also available with Scandinavia DLC (Scania or Volvo).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! (2016) map expansion of France (western locations)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia (late 2017) map expansion of Italy (southern locations)