A new gameplay system is introduced in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
At first, the player is required to create a profile and choose a city as their "headquarters". At first, the player does not have enough money to own a truck, therefore they have to complete quick jobs to save up enough money or enough skill to be able to take out a sufficiently sized loan.
As the player finishes jobs, the player's profile skill level also increases. When this happens, the player may invest a skill point to one of the six skills available, allowing them to haul more valuable freight, and for longer distances.
Countries and Cities Edit
- Main article: Category:Locations
The game includes most of the countries featured in the previous title, but Spain, Portugal, were removed from the recent game of SCS. The map, on the other hand, became more detailed, more cities than Euro Truck Simulator are included, and a few new countries, such as Luxembourg and Slovakia, were introduced as well.
The maps of United Kingdom and Germany in this game are derived from UK Truck Simulator and German Truck Simulator respectively. Because of that, these areas lack the quality that recent DLC maps such as the Italia DLC especially have. On May 23, 2018, SCS announced on their blog that they will rework parts of the old map, starting with northern Germany.
Below are the countries that were added and expanded with the base game or map expansion DLC.
Base Game Edit
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Beyond the Baltic Sea (upcoming DLC) Edit
- Main article: Trucks
There are seven truck brands available in the game:
- Main article: DLC
There are numerous DLCs available for this game. Most of them are paint job packs, but four (+ an upcoming one) are map expansions, including new companies, new cargo and new cities. Others contain truck accessories and additional customising options.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East! (2013) expanded Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as introducing Hungary (east)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia (2015) introduced Denmark, Sweden and Norway into the game (north). Truck Parts orders are also available with Scandinavia DLC (Scania and Volvo).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! (2016) expansion of France (southwest)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia (2017) expansion of Italy (south)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Beyond the Baltic Sea (2018) will add Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, south Finland and a small part of Russia (northeast) including the iconic city of Saint Petersburg
See also Edit
- List of Cities in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Wikipedia page for Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Official Site for the game
|SCS Software Trucking Games|
|Truck Simulator series||Euro Truck Simulator - German Truck Simulator - UK Truck Simulator - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - American Truck Simulator|
|18 Wheels of Steel series||Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America - Pedal to the Metal - Convoy - Haulin' - American Long Haul - Extreme Trucker - Extreme Trucker 2|
|Other games||Trucks & Trailers - Scania Truck Driving Simulator|