"With its area of 547,030 square km, France has 1,027,183 km of serviceable roadway. France is also a very popular tourist destination: people come to visit famous vineyards, ski resorts and of course Paris, one of the world's most beautiful and romantic cities."
France (French: France) is a country first appearing in Euro Truck Simulator.
Although the whole of France appears on the map, only the eastern part is featured in the initial Euro Truck Simulator 2. The Vive la France DLC in 2016 fills up most of the country.
Toll system Edit
While France is just like most other countries in Euro Truck Simulator, the sequel game – Euro Truck Simulator 2 – introduces toll booths on French Autoroutes, which are common in real-life France. The reason of extensive road-tolling in France is that French government conceded the exploitation of most of the motorways to private compagnies, which in turn charges users to maintain the networks.
Accessible Cities Edit
8 French cities (including Paris, Lyon and Calais proper) are featured in Euro Truck Simulator 2 base game, while the Vive la France DLC brings back Bordeaux along with 14 others. In total, 23 French cities are featured in ETS 2, making France the country with the highest number of accessible in-game cities.
|City Name||Image||First Game||Remarks|
|Bourges||ETS 2 VLF|
|Brest||ETS 2 VLF|
|Calais||ETS 2||Ferries and trains to Dover|
|Clermont-Ferrand||ETS 2 VLF|
|La Rochelle||ETS 2 VLF|
|Le Havre||ETS 2 VLF|
|Le Mans||ETS 2 VLF|
|Limoges||ETS 2 VLF|
|Marseille||ETS 2 VLF|
|Montpellier||ETS 2 VLF|
|Nantes||ETS 2 VLF|
|Nice||ETS 2 VLF|
|Rennes||ETS 2 VLF|
|Roscoff||ETS 2 VLF||Ferries to Plymouth|
|Toulouse||ETS 2 VLF|
ETS 1 Edit
6 Euroroutes are featured in Euro Truck Simulator.
E15 – Bordeaux
Belgium – Lyon – Spain
Paris – Germany
E15 – Switzerland
E15 – Italy
E5 – E15 – Italy
ETS 2 Edit
38 Autoroutes and 2 Route Nationales are featured in Euro Truck Simulator 2:
A26/A29 - Belgium
Paris - Strasbourg
Lyon - A10 (Paris)
A8 (Marseille) - Lyon
Italy - A7 (Marseille)
A7 (Marseille) - A61
A630 (Bordeaux) - Paris
Nantes - A10 (Paris)
A84 - Paris
A1 (Paris) - A25 (Lille)
A62 (Toulouse) - A71 (Bourges)
A25 (Lille) - A2
A16 - A23 (Lille)
A4 (Reims) - A2 (Paris)
A10 - A11 (Le Mans), Le Mans - A13 (Le Havre)
A13 (Le Havre) - A26
A6 (Dijon) - Luxembourg
Switzerland - Strasbourg
A6 (Dijon) - A35
A43 - Switzerland
Lyon - Italy
A7 (Lyon) - A72
A7 (Marseille) - minor road
A9 - Toulouse
Toulouse - A630 (Bordeaux)
A75 (Clermont-F.) - A10 (Bourges)
A47 - A89
A9 (Montpellier) - A71 (Clermont-F.)
Rennes - A11 (Le Mans)
A10 (La Rochelle) - Nantes
Rennes - A13
A72 (Clermont-Ferrand) - A630 (Bordeaux)
A10/A6 - A1 (Paris)
A10 - La Rochelle
Rennes - Brest
Nantes - Brest
Speed limits Edit
The speed limits for France in ETS2 are as follows. Speeds apply to both cars and trucks unless otherwise specified:
- Highways: 90 km/h for trucks, 130 km/h for cars (reduced to 110 km/h in case of rain, 50km/h if visibility is inferior to 50m).
- Minor roads: 90 for vehicles under 3,5 tons, 80 for lorries. 70km/h is enforced on narrow stretches and near junctions.
- Cities and Towns: 50 km/h for all traffic. Small towns are often 30 km/h.
- Entry ramps, exit ramps, and other interchange points: 40-70 km/h for all traffic.
- Tolls: Speeds decrease upon approach, from 70 km/h down to 30 km/h at the toll gates. The exit speed from the toll plaza is at the highway limit (90 km/h).
- This contrasts to Poland, which has a 40 km/h limit on the toll plaza.
- Other areas: Speeds are limited to 70 km/h when approaching or passing the cities of Lille and Reims, amongst other places. Border control areas are limited to 60 km/h around the vicinity of the crossing.
- Most French cities, such as Roscoff, have speed indicator signs which display the vehicle's speed as it passes by.
- In the game, as well as in real France, these are sometimes associated with speed cameras. The signs actually function in the game. If you pass them under the limit, they display "MERCI" (Thanks). You will see a "PRUDENCE RALENTIR" (Caution Reduce Speed) message when you pass the sign over the limit.
- The speed sign for Roscoff, for example, is located near the gas station about 1 km from the terminal; and there is a sign in both directions to or from the ferry terminal. There are others, notably on a forested road just outside the city of Bourges.
See Also Edit
|The Countries of Euro Truck Simulator|
|Euro Truck Simulator||Austria - Belgium - Czech Republic - France - Germany - Italy - Netherlands - Poland - Portugal - Spain - Switzerland - United Kingdom|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2||Austria - Belgium - Czech Republic - France - Germany - Italy - Luxembourg - Netherlands - Poland - Slovakia - Switzerland - United Kingdom|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East!||Czech Republic - Hungary - Slovakia - Poland|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia||Denmark - Norway - Sweden|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France!||France|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia||Italy|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2: Beyond the Baltic Sea||Estonia - Finland - Latvia - Lithuania - Russia|
|Cities|| ETS 1: Bordeaux - Lyon - Paris
Vive la France ! DLC: Bordeaux - Bourges - Brest - Clermont-Ferrand - La Rochelle - Le Havre - Le Mans - Limoges - Marseille (La Mède) - Montpellier - Nantes - Nice - Rennes - Roscoff - Toulouse (Blagnac)
|Autoroutes||A1 - A2 - A4 - A6 - A7 - A8 - A9 - A10 - A11 - A13 - A16 - A20 - A23 - A25 - A26 - A28 - A29 - A31 - A35 - A36 - A41 - A43 - A47 - A51 - A55 - A61 - A62 - A71 - A72 - A75 - A81 and N157 - A83 - A84 - A89 - A104 - A311 - A630 - A837 - N12 - N165|