"Go down the road to experience the wild beauty of "Beaver State" Oregon. The evergreen natural scenery will go along with the deserted country side but also dense city areas like Portland or Salem. Vast forests are covering roughly 60 percent of the state and together with many rivers form the typical western Oregon nature but also important part of state economics."
Oregon is an upcoming state DLC for SCS Software's American Truck Simulator. It was announced on February 1, 2018 to celebrate the game's second anniversary. This will be the second paid map expansion. It is set to be released in October 2018. In the stream on 27 June 2018, SCS said that most of the features should be complete by the end of summer. During September, they will be finishing up Oregon.
Release History Edit
- 7 November 2017: Blog post about road signs. The last picture depicts a freeway exit in Oregon.
- 19 January 2018: Blog post which teases Oregon with screenshots.
- 1 February 2018: First official blog post confirming Oregon will be the next state.
- 8 March 2018: Blog post about shipyard industry.
- 24 April 2018: Blog post about US Route 101.
- 11 May 2018: Blog post about truck stops.
- 30 May 2018: KRONE visits SCS Software video released showing Astoria, OR being developed in the first half of the video.
- 1 June 2018: Blog post about Oregon nature.
- 27 June 2018: Live stream about American Truck Simulator. Three videos are shown, each featuring a cargo delivery in Oregon. The videos are later uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 3 July 2018: Blog post about the three in-game Oregon videos uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 13 July 2018: Blog post about the wood production chain.
- 21 August 2018: Steam page for Oregon launched.
- 23 August 2018: More screenshots posted on Steam page showing Portland and The Dalles.
- 27 August 2018: Blog post about Portland, the largest city of Oregon.
- 10 September 2018: Steam achievements for Oregon are added to SteamDB
- 12 September 2018: Blog post revealing more details including release month.
Oregon is on the west coast of the United States south of Washington State and north of California and Nevada. To the west is the Pacific Ocean and to the east is Idaho. The state is separated from Washington by the Columbia River for much of the border.
The state is most easily divided from east to west. The western portion is mostly lush forested land with the Willamette Valley taking up much of the state's population. The Oregon coast is known for its rugged coast line and large amounts of rain. The largest city in the state by population is Portland, located along the border with Washington.
There are fourteen cities in Oregon
Note: Salem is in bold and italicized lettering since it is the state capital of Oregon.
|Coos Bay||Eugene||Klamath Falls|
Scenery Towns Edit
Scenery towns are cities or communities that are unmarked on the map and have no depots or docks. At this moment, 7 are confirmed:
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
Many new industries like logging or furniture are introduced with this new DLC.
Wood Production Chain Edit
With the new DLC, truckers to be able to deliver the whole "chain" of a log's manufacturing.
"...With Oregon, we are bringing a new feature - ...chains. As there is a huge forestry industry, we kinda want to implement the whole chain of getting the lumber and moving it to the lumber factories and moving the furniture from the factories. We want to implement... more natural flow of the cargo that should come with Oregon as well."
Logging Companies: Edit
Other Companies in the Chain Edit
- Olthon Homes - home building company
- Haddock Shipyard - Shipyard
- Heartwood Furniture - furniture manufacturing company
- Home Store - Home furnishings store
- Page & Price Paper - Paper manufacturing
- Portland Cargo Central - Shipyard
Other Companies (Not in the Chain) Edit
Portland Cargo Center (Shipyard Commerce Center) Edit
An example of a real life facility prefab created for the DLC is the Portland Cargo Central in Portland:
Rest Stops EditThe Oregon Map Expansion features many truck stops that are recreated from ones in real life.
There are five Interstate Highways in Oregon:
|Interstate 5||Interstate 84||Interstate 105||Interstate 205||Interstate 405|
California - Portland
Portland (I-5) - Ontario (US 95)
There are eight US Highways in Oregon:
|US 20||US 30||US 95||US 97|
Newport (US 101) - Ontario (OR 201)
Astoria (US 101) - Ontario (I-84)
Nevada - Ontario (I-84)
California - Biggs Junction (I-84/US 30)
|US 101||US 197||US 199||US 395|
California - Astoria (US 30)
US 97 - The Dalles (I-84/US 30)
California - I-5
California - Pendleton (I-84)
There is one historic highway in Oregon:
|Historic Columbia River Highway|
Portland (US 30) - The Dalles (US 30)
There are ten Oregon State Routes in Oregon:
|OR 22||OR 34||OR 39||OR 62||OR 78|
California (SR 139) - Klamath Falls (US 97)
Medford - ?
Burns (US 20/US 395) - US 95
|OR 99||OR 126||OR 201||OR 213||OR 569|
Ontario (US 20) - Ontario (I-84/US 30)
Future Roads: Edit
- US 26 could be added in a future update (Portland to Ontario)
- OR 38 could be added in a future update.
- OR 58 could be added in a future update.
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|?||The Beaver State||?|
|?||Cabbage to Cabbage||?|
SCS Blog Edit
See also Edit
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon|
|Cities||Astoria - Bend - Burns - Coos Bay - Eugene - Klamath Falls - Lakeview - Medford - Newport - Ontario - Pendleton - Portland - Salem - The Dalles|
|Highways|| Interstate 5 - Interstate 84 - Interstate 105 - Interstate 205 - Interstate 405|
US 20 - US 30 - US 95 - US 97 - US 101 - US 197 - US 199 - US 395
OR 39 - OR 78 - OR 126 - OR 201
- ↑ SCS Software, Under The Hood: US Traffic Signs, 2017-11-07 (accessed 2017-11-07)
- ↑ SCS Software, Something's cooking, 2018-19-01 (accessed 2018-19-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, Which way to go? Beaver knows!, 2018-01-02 (accessed 2018-01-02)
- ↑ SCS Software, Meanwhile in Oregon, 2018-03-08 (accessed 2018-03-08)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Scenic road 101, 2018-04-24 (accessed 2018-04-24)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Truck Stops, 2018-05-11 (accessed 2018-05-11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Natural beauty of Oregon, 2018-06-01 (accessed 2018-06-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Bend to Bend, 2018-06-28 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Pendleton to Burns, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Burns to Ontario, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Oregon Video Coverage, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Wood Production, 2018-07-13 (accessed 2018-07-13)
- ↑ Oregon DLC on Steam, 2018-08-21 (accessed 2018-08-21)
- ↑ Oregon DLC on Steam, 2018-08-23 (accessed 2018-08-26)
- ↑ SCS Software, Portland, Oregon, 2018-08-27 (accessed 2018-08-27)
- ↑ American Truck Simulator Stats on SteamDB. (Accessed 2018/9/11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon rising, 2018-09-12 (accessed 2018-09-12)
- ↑ https://youtu.be/e5262jV1AcA - around 30:13, 2018-04-14. Accessed 2018-4-17
- ↑ American Truck Simulator Stats on SteamDB. (Accessed 2018/9/11)