"It's time to lift the veil now and show you the next step in ATS world development. Oregon, the Beaver State, will be the new addition.
Oregon is an upcoming state DLC for SCS Software's American Truck Simulator. It was announced on February 1, 2018 to celebrate the game's second anniversary. This will be the second paid map DLC. It is set to be released during Quarter 4 of 2018. In the stream on 27 June 2018, SCS said that most of the features should be complete by the end of summer. During September, they should be finishing up Oregon. The date of release might range from mid-September to mid-October.
Release History Edit
- 7 November 2017: Blog post about road signs. The last picture depicts a freeway exit in Oregon.
- 19 January 2018: Blog post which teases Oregon with screenshots.
- 1 February 2018: First official blog post confirming Oregon will be the next state.
- 8 March 2018: Blog post about shipyard industry.
- 24 April 2018: Blog post about US Route 101.
- 11 May 2018: Blog post about truck stops.
- 30 May 2018: KRONE visits SCS Software video released showing Astoria, OR being developed in the first half of the video.
- 1 June 2018: Blog post about Oregon nature.
- 27 June 2018: Live stream about American Truck Simulator. Three videos are shown, each featuring a cargo delivery in Oregon. The videos are later uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 3 July 2018: Blog post about the three in-game Oregon videos uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 13 July 2018: Blog post about the wood production chain.
Oregon is on the west coast of the United States south of Washington State and north of California and Nevada. To the west is the Pacific Ocean and to the east is Idaho. The state is separated from Washington by the Columbia River for much of the border.
The state is most easily divided from east to west. The western portion is mostly lush forested land with the Willamette Valley taking up much of the state's population. The Oregon coast is known for its rugged coast line and large amounts of rain. The largest city in the state by population is Portland, located along the border with Washington.
At this moment, 11 cities in Oregon are confirmed:
|City name||Image||Games||Truck Dealer||Garage||ATS Facilities||ATS Depots||Remarks|
|Klamath Falls||ATS Oregon|
|Salem||ATS Oregon||Capital City|
|The Dalles||ATS Oregon||1+|
Scenery Towns Edit
Scenery towns are cities or communities that are unmarked on the map and have no depots or docks. At this moment, 7 are confirmed:
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
Many new industries like logging or furniture are introduced with this new DLC.
With the new DLC, truckers to be able to deliver the whole "chain" of a log's manufacturing.
"And hopefully, with Oregon, we are bringing a new feature - in kinda chains. As there is a huge forestry industry, we kinda want to implement the whole chain of getting the lumber and moving it to the lumber factories and moving the furniture from the factories. We want to implement some more natural flow of the cargo that should come with Oregon as well."
Logging Companies: Edit
Shipyard Commerce Center Edit
An example of a real life facility prefab created for the DLC is the Shipyard Commerce Center in Portland:
Other New Companies Edit
- Olthon Homes - home building company
- Unknown company in Ontario represented by red rectangular box
- Heartwood Furniture - furniture manufacturing company
Rest Stops EditThe Oregon Map Expansion features many truck stops that are recreated from ones in real life.
There are three Interstate Highways in Oregon:
|Interstate 5||Interstate 84||Interstate 105|
California - Washington
Portland (I-5) - Ontario
There are eight US Highways in Oregon:
There are ten Oregon Routes in Oregon:
|OR 22||OR 34||OR 39||OR 62||OR 78|
US 101 - US 20
Klamath Falls - California
Interstate 5 - US 97
Burns (US 20/US 395) - US 95
|OR 99||OR 126||OR 201||OR 213||OR 569|
Eugene or US 101 - US 20
US 20 - Interstate 84 (Ontario)
SCS Blog Edit
See also Edit
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon|
|Cities|| Astoria - Bend - Burns - Eugene - Klamath Falls - Medford - Ontario - Pendleton - Portland - Salem - The Dalles
Scenery Towns: Biggs Junction
|Highways|| Interstate 5 - Interstate 84 - Interstate 105 - Interstate 405|
US 20 - US 30 - US 95 - US 97 - US 101 - US 197 - US 199 - US 395
- ↑ SCS Software, Under The Hood: US Traffic Signs, 2017-11-07 (accessed 2017-11-07)
- ↑ SCS Software, Something's cooking, 2018-19-01 (accessed 2018-19-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, Which way to go? Beaver knows!, 2018-01-02 (accessed 2018-01-02)
- ↑ SCS Software, Meanwhile in Oregon, 2018-03-08 (accessed 2018-03-08)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Scenic road 101, 2018-04-24 (accessed 2018-04-24)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Truck Stops, 2018-05-11 (accessed 2018-05-11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Natural beauty of Oregon, 2018-06-01 (accessed 2018-06-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Bend to Bend, 2018-06-28 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Pendleton to Burns, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Burns to Ontario, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Oregon Video Coverage, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Wood Production, 2018-07-13 (accessed 2018-07-13)
- ↑ https://youtu.be/e5262jV1AcA - around 30:13, 2018-04-14. Accessed 2018-4-17