Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! is a map DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It is the third of DLC involving map expansions, with the first two being Going East and Scandinavia respectively. It was released on December 5, 2016.
As its title suggests, Vive la France! (mainly) features France, which was only partially rendered in the original ETS 2 game map. This DLC is a map expansion for France with new 15 cities.
Release History Edit
SCS Software first hinted about the DLC in a blogpost posted on 25 January 2016. After that, SCS released information about the DLC, at about one blog post per month:
- 25 Jan 2016: A picture of "Renault T in southern France" is featured in a general blog post.
- 18 Feb 2016: First dedicated blog post about the DLC.
- 11 Mar 2016: Introduction to new gas stations.
- 17 Apr 2016: Introduction to new roundabouts. The name of the expansion was mentioned again, securing its place.
- 10 May 2016: Introduction to nuclear power stations.
- 13 Jun 2016: Second blog post about roundabouts.
- 8 Jul 2016: Screenshot of the in-game rendering of the windmill near Les Trois-Moutiers, presented alongside a picture taken during 2016 Tour de France.
- 28 Jul 2016: Introduction of La Rochelle, which is the first post entirely about a new settlement.
- 31 Aug 2016: Screenshots of French bridges in the newly-rendered areas.
- 7 Oct 2016: About revamp of Paris, including a map screenshot.
- 10 Nov 2016: A revamp of the old parts of France has been made in the 1.26 open beta which could suggests new cities on signs.
- 25 Nov 2016: A map of the new cities and roads has been published.
- 5 Dec 2016: Official release date of the DLC.
In mid-October 2016, the Steam Achievements list of ETS 2 is updated to include 5 new achievements related to the new DLC.
A trial version of the DLC was put up for demonstration in Poznań Game Arena 2016. In the associated blog post, SCS claimed that it would probably be "6 to 10 weeks" before the DLC would be ready for release, and anticipated the release at some time "ahead of" or "a couple of weeks (after)" Christmas 2016.
The DLC includes 15 new cities in France, bringing the total to 23:
|Name||First Mentioned on|
|Bordeaux||25 November 2016|
|Bourges||31 August 2016|
|Brest||31 August 2016|
|Clermont-Ferrand||25 November 2016|
|La Rochelle||28 July 2016|
|Le Havre||31 August 2016|
|Le Mans||25 November 2016|
|Limoges||25 November 2016|
|Marseille||25 November 2016|
|Montpellier||25 November 2016|
|Nantes||10 November 2016|
|Nice||25 November 2016|
|Rennes||13 June 2016|
|Roscoff||25 November 2016|
|Toulouse||25 November 2016|
In the DLC, there are a lot of small villages on the minor roads. See the complete list here.
In addition, SCS re-worked the parts of France already present in the ETS 2 base game, including a "total overhaul of [the] Paris region". SCS had suggested that changes to the existing areas would be entirely visible to truckers not having the DLC loaded.
The DLC also features new industries. The following companies are directly mentioned or have their brand icons shown in materials released by SCS:
|Name||Type||First Mentioned on/in|
|Bâtisse||Company||7 October 2016|
|BHB La Raffinerie||Chemical Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Boisserie Jean-Pierre||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Chimi||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Dans le Jardin||Company||26 November 2016|
|Éco||Gas station||11 March 2016|
|FLE||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gallia Ferries||Ferries||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Globeur||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gomme du Monde||Company||26 November 2016|
|Huilant||Company||26 November 2016|
|Lisette Logistics||Company||10 November 2016|
|Marina||Marina||28 July 2016|
|MVM Carrière||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Nos Pâturages||Farming Company||26 November 2016|
|Nucleon||Nuclear power station||10 May 2016|
|Port de Conteneur||Port||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Subse||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Voitureux||Company||26 November 2016|
|Wilnet Transport||Company||7 October 2016|
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements
On Steam there already are 5 achievements requiring this DLC.
|Bon Voyage!||Discover all French cities|
|Landmark Tour||Discover following landmarks of France: Carcassonne, Bortonne bridge, Tiger tank, Peyrat-le-Château, Château de Ventadour, Château d'Ussé|
|Go Nuclear!||Deliver cargo to five nuclear plants in France|
|Check-in, Check-out||Deliver cargo to all cargo airport terminals in France|
|Gas must flow!||Deliver diesel, LPG or petrol to all truck stops in France|
- ↑ SCS Software, Truck Licensing Situation Update, 2016-01-25 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 SCS Software, Vive la France!, 2016-02-18 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SCS Software, France Sneak Peek, 2016-03-11 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ SCS Software, Expanding Road Infrastructure, 2016-04-17 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 SCS Software, New types of industries in France, 2016-05-10 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 SCS Software, Cool roundabouts in France, 2016-06-13 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ SCS Software, Vive la (Tour de) France, 2016-07-08 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 SCS Software, Images from La Rochelle, 2016-07-28 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 SCS Software, French bridges, 2016-08-31 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 SCS Software, The lights of Paris are on the horizon, 2016-10-07 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 11.6 11.7 11.8 11.9 SCS Software, The Roads of Vive La France !, 2016-11-25 (accessed 2016-11-25)
- ↑ SCS Software, SCS on the Road: PGA 2016, 2016-10-27 (accessed 2016-10-27)
See also Edit
|DLCs for Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|Map Expansions||Going East! - Scandinavia - Vive la France ! - Italia - Beyond the Baltic Sea|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||High Power Cargo Pack - Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack - Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Krone Trailer Pack|
|Tuning Packs||Cabin Accessories - Wheel Tuning Pack - Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack - National Window Flags - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Michelin Fan Pack - Raven Truck Design Pack - DAF Tuning Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Countries: Australian - Austrian - Belgian - Brazilian - Finnish - Canadian - Czech - Danish - Dutch - French - German - Hungarian - Irish - Italian - Japanese - Norwegian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Scottish - Slovak - South Korean - Spanish - Swedish - Swiss - Turkish - UK|